Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Got Questions? You're Not Alone.

If you have questions not answered below, contact Greg Linehan Law for assistance.
Call us at 941-559-GLAW (4529).

Why should I hire an attorney?

You should hire an attorney immediately after your accident and before you report the incident to your insurance company. You must realize that insurance companies have a whole team of adjusters, investigators, and attorneys working to minimize the amount of your claim by obtaining control of crucial evidence, obtaining witnesses’ statements on liability, and speaking with you to minimize your injuries and damages. By hiring an attorney, you are protecting both your rights and your ultimate recovery.

How do you determine what my case is worth?

Determining the exact value of an injury case can be difficult because so many factors can be subjective. Our office reviews each case based on the following criteria: the facts of the accident or incident, injuries sustained, medical bills, opinions of medical personnel regarding permanency and future care needs, and the amount of insurance that is available.

How do I pay for the attorney’s fees?

The majority of the cases that our office handles are on a contingency basis. This means that we do not receive any compensation for our fees until we recover money on your behalf. Our fees are then determined based upon our agreement.

How long will my case last?

Typically, most cases last anywhere from two years to four years depending on whether we have to file suit and go to court on your behalf. Since we treat each case on an individual basis, there is no way to determine exactly how long it will take to achieve the best results on your case.

What does PIP coverage pay for?

PIP or personal injury protection is $10,000 that can be used for medical treatment and lost wages after you have been injured in an accident involving a vehicle. Typically, there is a deductible and after the deductible is met, PIP will pay 80% of the medical bills up to $10,000. This is designed to help protect people who are injured through no fault of their own.

What is uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and why do I need it?

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is an important type of coverage for each person to have. Since Florida is a no-fault state, each driver is only required to carry minimum amounts of coverage on their own vehicles. This means that you could be involved in an accident that was not your fault and sustain serious injuries but have no insurance coverage from the at-fault driver to pay for your medical treatment, lost wages, or other damages. It is important for every driver to carry this type of coverage in order to protect themselves from drivers who do not have any insurance or who have very little insurance. If you are seriously injured, you want to be sure that you will be able to pay for the treatment that you will need as well as recover any other losses or damages.

Let’s Talk About Your Road to a Full Recovery

What brought you here today? Our team is ready to discuss your issues, evaluate your claim, and recommend how to maximize your recovery. To schedule a consultation, contact us using the button below, or call 941-559-GLAW (4529).